Monday 20 May 2013

Preparations for a new beginning

Went shopping this weekend for allowed foods: got bacon, eggs, headcheese, blood sausage, wild haddock, wild sole, wild salmon, pork chops, lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, feta cheese, cherries, borshch, sour cream, liverwurst, rye crispbread. No one was selling chicken livers so I'll head to the Chinese Super Market next weekend. They always have them. Also bought flax meal to try making Eddie's flax bread. I have this huge problem in that I love liverwurst but I like it on rye bread or bread or crackers and hopefully the flax bread will hit that particular spot.

Now I'm all set to start all over again. Set up a weight loss ticker (see above). This is only my 67th time that I'm starting over but I'm not going to stop until I've made it.

I eat when I'm bored and the two times I'm bored is when I'm at Bingo or at work. Now Bingo I have control over, I just don't go. But work is another story. I'm not busy enough not to get bored and I'm eating all the time. I even went into ketosis about a month ago, stayed on track for two weeks and still couldn't do it. At my age and the number of times I've gone on and off plan, I'll need at least four to six weeks to get to that great feeling. Two weeks wasn't enough. I was tired, hungry and not feeling great at all. The sleepiness around 2 pm was unbearable, just as if I was eating carbs all day. Plus I still wasn't sleeping, getting up several times a night. So this time, armed with what I know and food that I enjoy, I will try this again.

10 comments:

  1. :-) good for you!!! i admire your "keep trying" spirit! better luck this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! What 'plan' are you going to be on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Horf

    Just love the sound of your shopping basket.
    I am sure you'll love "Eddie's flax bread" it's a favourite of ours.

    We're all on your side - go for it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I'll let you know how the bread turns out. Actually one of the salad's Eddie posted with the iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese and avocado also sounded great. Don't know why I didn't think of something so simple that looks so good. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
    3. i've made a couple of batches of Wooo's flax-meal bread, and J loves it -- i need to try Eddie's, too, to compare!

      Delete
  4. It is the best time of the year to loose weight! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're heading into winter here and I'm missing the salad veges already. All your food sounds great!! yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the salad veggies arn't too fresh here but they are still nice. Had sole poached in butter with Eddie's Salad (that's what I'm calling it from now on lol). Got home from work at 5, fed the cats, watered the plants on the balcony and had supper ready by 5:30. If it's this easy, I may stay on track. Coming home from work tired isn't conducive to culinary feats of deliciousness. Here it is almost 6 pm, I'm fed and sipping a mug of camomile tea. I hate eating late and then going to bed on a full stomach. My new battle plan may just work.

      Delete