Monday 14 April 2014

Happy Dance

Both my new doctor and I were doing the happy dance today (I wasn't surprised but he was) after we got the results of my latest blood work due to my impending cataract surgery on April 17th. In fact, several of my stats were stellar, especially. kidney function. Everything but my trigs were normal. My ECG was normal. Bone density is good but not perfect. Blood pressure is 140 over something so a bit high. We are still a work in progress.

Total cholesterol: 4.70 (182)
HDL 1.64 (63)
LDL 2.26 (87)
Trigs: 176 (155) ok these are a bit high and I'm working on it.
Ratio: 2.9

Not bad for a 64 year old taking NO meds except ventolin. That's probably why my stats are so good: I DON'T TAKE ANY MEDS.

So, I just need to lose about 90 lbs and I'll be perfect.

4 comments:

  1. HURRAH! :-) good luck with that surgery, too -- your internet friends are rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on numbers and on the finding of a good doctor, Hoff! We all are holding fingers for you. My trigs are lower when I do more exercise and live slightly on a hungrier side, especially after 6 pm. I understand that overdoing such things can have a downside. Everything is great already

    ReplyDelete